Still searching for that perfect venue for your big day? Here are a few questions that might help you decide if a venue is the right place for you:
- How many weddings are done at the location in a day? If more than one, how is the timing and event location set up so that the Bridal party and guests do not run into each other?
- If the event location is outdoors, what is the back up plan for bad weather? When is the latest that the decision can be made to go with “Plan B” for set up?
- Are there any restrictions on where photos can be taken on the property?
- If the guests arrive early, is there a “pre-event” area that they can wait in while the contracted event space is still getting the finishing touches?
- Is there a dressing room or lounge where the Bridal party can hide out as guests are arriving? How early before the event start time does the Bridal party have access to the area?
- If catering is provided by the venue, how flexible is the menu? Can an outside caterer be brought in?
The list can go on and on, but don’t worry, most venues will give you a general information packet that will answer a good majority of the questions that you may have. If ever in doubt, don’t be afraid to ask the venue what questions other Brides have asked that they feel you might find helpful.